February 21, 2016

slow walking

With no auto, we have lived a pedestrian lifestly for the last two years on Navarino Island.  This means walking approximately 3 kms minimum to make a run into town & back or into the forest & back... At age 3, Pearl has been amazing at solo walking the full loops, without asking to be carried. This has been a huge help for me as my pregnant belly continues to grow.

However, walking from point A to point B these days is a VERY, very slow process consisting mostly of stopping, as she finds beauty and wonderment in everything. The older kids have had to practice big patience as they wait for her to move at her own pace.  At the end of the day, I find my pockets crammed full of found objects, grasses, and flowers that she has asked me to keep for her. Too sharp for her own good, if I "mistakenly" leave something behind, like "the tiny purple flower," she asks me what happened to it.

"Mom, look what I found!!!  Come back!!" We love this little woman.
Isla Navarino - CHILE / XII Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena (enero de 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment